Monday 2 August 2010

Apricot Almond Galette

I was at the local grocery to buy some veg, then at the corner of my eye I saw some orange colored stone fruits. I figured it was apricots, so I got my kor-eng dictionary feature out my phone for translation of the label, and indeed it was! I've only seen / taste apricots in jam or dried form, but never the fresh fruit. So I was really ecstatic to do some sort of dessert with it.


Think, think, think... a pie! But a part of me didn't want to make a traditional looking pie, so I thought a galette (a French free form pie), an apricot almond galette. Sounds good? I thought it was, until I tasted it! It was absolutely horrible; the only thing delicious with the pie was the dollop of whipped cream on the side and the pie crust. The fresh fruit tasted fine, but after baking, it was so sour! I'm not sure if that's a trait of an apricot, but I sure now have a bad impression on baked apricots. Has anyone out there tasted a good apricot pie before? Enlighten me please. I still got a couple of apricots left; they'll just probably end up into jam.


Bisou bisou,
Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD! This looks so yummy and mouth-watering! Maybe I should attempted something like this in the future. :)

    Btw, my fondant project is done. Go check it out~ :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails