Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Pork Medallions with White Wine Jus, Buttered Courgettes, Caramelized Onions and Potato Puree

Once in a while I put my toque on (not literally) to cook a fancy-ish dinner, and a couple of nights ago was the night I unearthed my minute cooking skills. I've recently just finished watching the Australian franchise of Masterchef, a cooking competition for amateur cooks, and I was completely blown away by the skills and knowledge of the contestants. It indeed inspired me tremendously. Main reason why I cooked something special for dinner!


So what's on the menu, you ask? I served a wonderfully cooked Pork Medallions with White Wine Jus, Buttered Courgettes, Caramelized Onions and Potato Puree. It was absolutely faaan-tastic! So here's the lowdown of what I made:
  • Medallions - I used pork tenderloin; I made sure the meat were free from dripping moisture (this technique would allow the meat to brown while cooking); I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper; I pan fried the medallions on a rosemary and garlic infused oil; I allowed the medallions to rest before serving to let the pork juices sip right back in the meat.
  • White wine jus - I deglazed the pan I used for cooking the medallions with white wine, then I allowed the white wine to reduce; voila.
  • Buttered courgettes - I sauteed the courgettes in butter; seasoned with salt and pepper.
  • Caramelized Onions - I patiently cooked my sliced onions in olive oil on a low heat until it wilted and caramelized.
  • Potato puree - I passed my boiled potatoes through a fine sieve then mixed in warm milk and cold butter and mix until really smooth; seasoned with salt and pepper.

I gave a pat on the back to myself for this dish; I was extremely ecstatic on how it came out. I was pleased with my plating (my weak point) as well as the taste of the dish as a whole. The medallions came out really nice and tender; it still had a lovely soft blush of pink when sliced. It's just a bummer I wasn't able to take a picture of the sliced pork; H and I were so focused on eating!


'Til my next super occasional non-baking post!

Bisou bisou,
Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails