Wednesday 11 August 2010

Cheesecake with Oreo Base

Cheesecake is my all time favourite dessert. There are desserts that come and go on my favourite list, but cheesecake has always been a main stay. There are tons of versions of cheesecake; be it differ from texture (dense or light), type of cheese used (cream cheese, ricotta, mascarpone, quark, etc.), base (crushed biscuits, sponge or pastry), topping (fresh fruits, compotes, nuts, chocolate, etc.) or the flavour of the cheesecake itself (chocolate cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, etc.).


Many countries like Germany, Italy, France, Japan and USA also have their own version of cheesecake. So there's really no fixed criteria of what a cheesecake should be; it's all up to what you fancy. I personally love a really plain cheesecake. I like to be able to savour the essence of sweet cream cheese without the distraction of any sort of topping.  I also prefer my cheesecake to be dense, creamy and a bit tangy. As for the base, a nice crisp biscuit base that can either be plain as it is or mixed with crushed nuts or nougatine. Pretty much my ideal cheesecake is a nice New York style cheesecake.


This version of cheesecake that I made is quite close to a New York style; the difference is the absence of the tart sour cream. It was still pretty good though, and the use of Oreo crust instead of the normal graham cracker crust gives it a nice edge. H and I had to contain ourselves from finishing the whole thing. As good as a cheesecake could be, mounds of calories is an undeniable fact. So we were good and restrained; we finished the cake in 2 days instead!

Bisou bisou,
Charlotte 

1 comment:

  1. The cheesecake looks amazing! Any chance you would post or provide a recipe?

    ReplyDelete

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails