Saturday 21 May 2011

Egg Tarts

I'm going to meet up with my friend for lunch tomorrow, and she mentioned before that she had never eaten an egg tart. Egg tarts are one of the most simple yet irresistibly scrumptious dessert/snack out there, so for her not to have tasted one... Hence I've decided to surprise her with some!


I wanted to make Portuguese egg tarts for her, but I couldn't get my hands on frozen puff pastry here and I didn't really have time to make puff pastry from scratch. So to make my tarts as close to Portuguese egg tarts, I used pate brisee, which gave my tarts the flaky and buttery feel. As for the filling, I'm really really delighted by it! I managed to get the silky creamy custard feel of a Portuguese egg tart.


I know I made these tarts for my friend, but I had to have a bite to make sure it's of good quality!

Components used for this dessert treat:

Bisou bisou,
Charlotte

1 comment:

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails