Sunday 25 April 2010

The Elvis

It's been about 4 years since I first heard about the Elvis sandwich, but I never really got around trying one.

Peanut butter >>> miam miam!
Banana >>> my favorite fruit...
Bacon >>> good stuff.

Put all those three in a sandwich??? Boy! that got my taste buds very curious; definitely an odd choice for a sandwich.

For today's lazy Sunday breakfast, we were going to have a plain old bacon butty (sandwich). Then all of a sudden I fancied the Elvis sandwich. I quickly looked at our fruit basket (bananas, check!) and cupboard (peanut butter, check!). I thought to myself, "This has got to be a sign!" So I finally did it. I made an Elvis sandwich.




Verdict: Average.

The taste of the bacon didn't really blend well with the peanut butter and banana; it was just... there. I do see why some people would find this sandwich gorgeous; I mean it has the potential to be scrumptious (depending on your taste buds). It's not the type of food that I would end up craving for though. Maybe next time, I'll just have the peanut butter and banana on my sandwich. As for the bacon, coat it with sugar and munch away. That's how I like my bacon!:p

Bisou bisou,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails