Thursday 18 February 2010

Bavarois vs Mousse

What's the difference of a bavorois and a mousse? I honestly don't know... (note to self: research about bavarois and mousse) Here's what I think; bavarois uses more gelatin than a mousse therefore the texture of a bavarois is more jelly like and mousses are more creamy.

Two weeks ago, I made a Strawberry Bavarois...
Pity though I wasn't able to use fresh strawberries. So instead I used a strawberry syrup i found at a baking shop. I attempted to make it into mini charlottes by lining my cake rings with lady fingers. My husband and our friend found it quite scrumptious. :D

Then just this week, I decided to make Chocolate Mousse Layered with Meringue Disks...

Hmm.. I think I need to have a serious practice on layering :p It didn't come out as I envisioned it to be... I wanted the mousse to cover all sides of the cake so the meringue won't be showing. Also I think I might have burnt my chocolate as I was melting it. That explains the lumps of chocolates you can see on the mousse... :p Taste wise, maybe too sweet.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with what I've been able to make. Although I know there's a looooooong way for me to go to achieve the elegance I was attempting!:p Practice, practice, practice! :) Love to hear what you think :)

Bisou bisou,
Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. well, the lumps of chocolate actually look like something crunchy... if only you hadn't revealed the secret :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Love to hear what you think of my post!:) Everyone's welcome to comment :) Bisou bisou ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails